COMMON SENSE IS NOT COMMON...?!?!


On a hectic month which had lot of discussions, meetings, excel sheets etc words from one of our senior collegue made me think a lot suddenly in a philosophical manner?!?! he made us look at the issue in a different perception...he completed his statement saying " Common sense is not common" 


It made me think on some common issues where we are concerned on common sense?!?!
  • Irritating horn on a jam packed traffic 
  • Highly noisy sounds of mobile, iPod etc in public transport,
  • Someone laughing on a sad moment or in a death place
  • Annoyingly pessimistic person whom we often have to encounter in everyday life
  • People who comment awkwardly without even understanding the content 


Normally our reaction or response to the above situation is to simply say a common word ...dont they have Common sense?? now then What is Common Sense? 

If we google it, Wikipedia shows "Common sense is a basic ability to perceive, understand, and judge things which is shared by (common to) nearly all people, and can be reasonably expected of nearly all people without any need for debate." as the definition

Now, it makes me wonder is that common sense is something by which we judge others action? then will it not be a prejudice? 

if some fact is shared by nearly all people does it mean that it would be perfect to follow by others too? 

without any debate? should we understand that there should be no opinion by others on one's action or behavior?

Now let me just go through the statements made above,


  • Horn...I have my bike, my horn, my hands and i deserve the right to press it and make it sound...so how we can conclude that is not common sense?
  • I have my right to speak so i can speak loud, my ability to rise my decibels need not be judged by someones hearing capacity? 
  • Life is to Live and it will have an end. so what stops someone laugh anywhere everywhere?!?!
  • Opinion has multiple facets, its my opinion why should i damn think on what content is being discussed?


Now lets try to come to an consensus, 
Common sense to me is an attitude exhibited by any individual where the actions, statements, opinions or behavior has no need to be justified or coined in a way to make them justifiable to others.

And that's exactly what common sense is for me...If i have to justify something in a sarcastic, arrogant or sympathetic or any other kind for that matter, to make others accept, agree or adhere on my action, opinion, response, reaction, understandings etc then there will be no common sense rather if my action, opinion, response, reaction, understandings are crystal clear in what they are meant for and it would be shared by many others too!!! then i conclude i had common sense....!!!

Unfortunately Common sense is not Common because, We wish to justify ourselves than to justify the need and necessity of Life.

To be Continued...With Common sense

G Srimanikandan 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

வாலி - தனி கவிதைகள்!!! - சில நீங்கள் வாசிக்க!!!

புதுக்கவிதைக்கு மணிவிழா!!!

மயில் !!!